Saturday, March 23, 2013

Handprinted fabric



My fat quarters have been printed and sent for Handprinted: a fabric swap III.  I tried block printing this time, and, in the end, was happy with how it turned out.  This was a new technique for me, though, and the design truly evolved through the process from my original intention.  I'll post soon about the printing and design process.


The photo above shows the colors best.  I selected Kona solids in a soft blue, soft green and chartreuse, then printed with white screenprinting ink.


Here are the fabrics all folded before I mailed them out.  Hope my swap partners like them!

4 comments:

  1. i love mine!!! and must confess that i was already past deadline and then had a printing fail... oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mine! The green is perfect, and the design is amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete